Friday, August 27, 2010

Sofia... transitions

I am in Sofia, staying at Ellen's apartment (which is getting increasingly more full every day!). Two other Fulbrighters are staying until they find an apartment and another girl, Sarah, from the program arrived today. Hillary is coming tomorrow so there will be a grand total of six adults in a two-bedroom apartment. But I'm loving it. It's so nice to have people to talk to and explore the city with. We're all still adjusting to the pace of things here so of course it's great to share some of that culture shock/ random observations with each other.

I am going to Pleven on Sunday to begin apartment hunting. More on that later because I have no clue how it's going to go. It's only about two hours outside of Sofia, though, so I imagine I'll be back here pretty often to visit. The internet at Ellen's isn't set up yet so right now we're sitting at a cafe in the park nearby that has free WiFi.

The Black Sea was a fabulous trip and I hope to go back there soon. (PS- The restaurant we ended up going to had Chinese food, which was pretty weird but OK).

No comments:

Post a Comment