Monday, October 4, 2010

Minor Annoyances

I finally have a washing machine! Only problem is, I don't know how to use it. Tomorrow I'm picking up the instruction manual from whoever has it, though, so for the first time since I've been here I will be able to do my own laundry! The past month or so my fellow teachers have been helping me out with this, doing my laundry for me. But I really want to be able to do it myself like a grown-up so I'm really happy it's finally here.

In other news, the Fulbright Commission has informed me that there is a Regional ETA Conference in Krakow in November, and I'm super psyched to go! Literally two days before finding out about this I had booked a flight to Warsaw for a long weekend at the end of October. Needless to say I am a little miffed about making two trips to Poland in a month. BUT there may be the possibility of changing my original flight and getting Fulbright to cover part of it... I'm waiting to hear back on that. But that would be freaking fantastic. I could be in Poland for about 9 days and both visit the family in Warsaw and attend the conference in Krakow. Fingers crossed on that one.

To finish this whiny little post, my AC adapter for my laptop decided to stop working completely last night. So I had to go buy a new one. The same thing happened to another Fulbrighter here so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the different voltage. Or maybe I just have bad luck. Anyways, so far this week is feeling like a drag because of these little upsets, but I do have the weekend to look forward to: I'm meeting 6 other Fulbrighters in Plovdiv for a mini-break! I'm really excited to see everyone. I haven't seen most of them for over a month so it'll be so great to catch up on things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment