Monday, January 24, 2011

It's a "flu vacation"

The Ministry of Health declared an influenza epidemic here in Pleven, and in several other districts across the country. That means enough kids (over 30%) were out of school due to illness for them to advise a week-long closure. It would seem that our too-short winter vacation finally caught up with us. Thankfully I am not sick, and I am taking advantage of the time off to visit friends. At first, I couldn't believe that schools could be closed because of the flu. When I was growing up we missed school for snow days but nothing like this. I have to say that it is pretty awesome that we get another week off (Go, Bulgaria!).


In other news, it's been snowing here again and it is lovely. I am going to go out and enjoy this extra holiday, as long as the temperature doesn't drop any lower!

No comments:

Post a Comment