Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy V-Day


What's better than the fact that there is a holiday dedicated to wine in Bulgaria? The fact that there is a wine brand with my name on it! Seriously though, Trifon Zarezan is one of my favorite Bulgarian holidays. It's one of the last big winter celebrations and it also happens to coincide with Valentine's Day. February 14th is, thankfully, nowhere near as commercialized here as it is back home. But I have always enjoyed it in spite of the fact that you can't walk ten feet around Valentine's Day without being bombarded with little paper hearts, candy boxes and flowers. When I was a kid my Dad used to always give us Valentine's Day gifts and I fondly remember writing little Valentine notes to all my friends. This year was special because I got to spend the holiday with my Valentine. Dinner and a movie, chocolate and red roses were the perfect way to spend a cold night in February. 

I hope that everyone is keeping healthy and warm. This is the perfect weather to just stay indoors with a glass of wine and a good movie... Na Zdrave!

No comments:

Post a Comment